is sissy constapated?

Dragon

Location (City and/or State)
michagin
Hi again guys, just me checking to see if sissys ok ..... usuly when I soak her she gos to the bathroom in her water.... yesterday and today when i soaked her she didnt have any bm or white stuff in the water'' not really worried but want to catch anything that might need correcting before it becomes a real problem

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi again guys, just me checking to see if sissys ok ..... usuly when I soak her she gos to the bathroom in her water.... yesterday and today when i soaked her she didnt have any bm or white stuff in the water'' not really worried but want to catch anything that might need correcting before it becomes a real problem
My little Russian doesn't do all that every single day. But maybe give a little bit of food mixed with everything else that is more watery. That's only a suggestion for variety. Variety is the spice of life.๐Ÿค—

Dragon

michagin
My little Russian doesn't do all that every single day. But maybe give a little bit of food mixed with everything else that is more watery. That's only a suggestion for variety. Variety is the spice of life.๐Ÿค—
hummm something more watery... well i can put some water in her food....and i'll look through the things she can eat and see what else we can get for her that would have natral juceses
thanks

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
hummm something more watery... well i can put some water in her food....and i'll look through the things she can eat and see what else we can get for her that would have natral juceses
thanks
My tort loves zucchini but if I just put a chunk for him that's all he eats. So I diced it up today.๐Ÿค— But if I want to give him a vitamin I put it on a chunk ๐Ÿ˜‰ Also what you said about adding water by leaving the daily salad a little wet from rinsing it is another little sneaky way to do it.๐Ÿ˜

Dragon

michagin
ahh now i have a reason to buy some zucchini ...not going to makebread this year....but I can fry some up for myself after sissy gets some...yes parents do have to be sneaky now and then. when my kids were little they liked to watch us play D&D....so to help them with there history i would appoint each child the to be the person they wore studying and then wed play a game where they had to stay in chater and act out what they did. all of them almost always got As in history. lol it wasnt until years later before they relized what i had done lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
ahh now i have a reason to buy some zucchini ...not going to makebread this year....but I can fry some up for myself after sissy gets some...yes parents do have to be sneaky now and then. when my kids were little they liked to watch us play D&D....so to help them with there history i would appoint each child the to be the person they wore studying and then wed play a game where they had to stay in chater and act out what they did. all of them almost always got As in history. lol it wasnt until years later before they relized what i had done lol
I like to mix zucchini with a skinny yellow squash and stir fry it with seasoning. Then throw in some diced fresh tomatoes with cheese on top and bake it until the cheese is melty and a pretty brown.๐Ÿ˜‹ of course it's after Sapphire gets the best of the zucchini ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰he likes a few bites of my okra too now and then if I can find it fresh.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I like to mix zucchini with a skinny yellow squash and stir fry it with seasoning. Then throw in some diced fresh tomatoes with cheese on top and bake it until the cheese is melty and a pretty brown.๐Ÿ˜‹ of course it's after Sapphire gets the best of the zucchini ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰he likes a few bites of my okra too now and then if I can find it fresh.
Oh yeah and that's what my sons keep saying too. I home schooled them through some of their high school years. I made them learn how to type and other silly stuff. Like tanning leather and sewing it. Also reading, writing, and rithmetic ๐Ÿ˜They thought they might not be getting their ed u ca tion ๐Ÿ˜ because they were having too much fun ๐Ÿ˜Š

Dragon

michagin
sounds good what seasonings do you use?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
sounds good what seasonings do you use?
I use Lowry's garlic salt, a bit of Mrs Dash original, maybe some pepper. I think that depends on what you like more. Or what you're in the mood for. I do try not to over cook the veggies at first because I don't want them mushy in the finished dish. And it takes a bit of time in the oven to get the cheese lightly browned.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I think cucumber is a good laxative, and most tortoises love it. I give Zola a bit sometimes as a treat - just a little hand-fed slice, but he would eat a whole cucumber if he could - although he might explode first !!
Angie x

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I think cucumber is a good laxative, and most tortoises love it. I give Zola a bit sometimes as a treat - just a little hand-fed slice, but he would eat a whole cucumber if he could - although he might explode first !!
Angie x
I'm going grocery shopping Sunday anyway. I'm putting an English cucumber on my list. Joe, and I will have salads or slices and dip. Sapphire gets a treat now and then ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿข

Dragon

michagin
ahh cucumber!! yes that does sound good! think i'll have spike pick one or two thanks!!