Is this exactly it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelloise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manitoba Canada
I found these online, Is this what I need for shelloise for both lighting and heat? If so , I will order it

The Powersun self-ballasted bulbs are an ideal solution for providing heat and beneficial UV rays in a single, easy to use bulb. Both the 100 and 160 watt model screw into a standard incandescent fixture (ceramic fixture recommended) and can be placed directly on a screen cage top, or suspended above an open-topped enclosure via Zoo-Med’s Lamp Stand.

or:

100 watt T-Rex UVHeat flood light.

I found the right one here so just went and got it. No more worrying about it :)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
There are different schools of thought about all-in-one lights. I personally prefer other options, like mixing low-level output long-style fluorescent bulbs and ceramic or other heaters so I can regulate them independently.

Otherwise, links would be helpful but the Powersun is generally an OK all in one.

81SHOVELHEAD

5 Year Member
Galveston TX
shelloise said:
I found these online, Is this what I need for shelloise for both lighting and heat? If so , I will order it

The Powersun self-ballasted bulbs are an ideal solution for providing heat and beneficial UV rays in a single, easy to use bulb. Both the 100 and 160 watt model screw into a standard incandescent fixture (ceramic fixture recommended) and can be placed directly on a screen cage top, or suspended above an open-topped enclosure via Zoo-Med’s Lamp Stand.

or:
I Use the 100 wt powersun in my tortoise & dragons enclousures .
Bulb works great ,
I found the best prices @ www.petmoutain.com

100 watt T-Rex UVHeat flood light.

I found the right one here so just went and got it. No more worrying about it :)

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
For a redfoot, I agree with Mark, and use a different lighting situation, but as MVBs go, the powersun is the one of the best.

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
So the light/heat lamp I bought seem fine, being as I don't want the bulb on 24/7 because of the light I should get something to emit heat only at night. What exactly is a CHE and is there different temps of how much heat it gives off? What is the name of it so that I make sure I buy the right one??

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
shelloise said:
So the light/heat lamp I bought seem fine, being as I don't want the bulb on 24/7 because of the light I should get something to emit heat only at night. What exactly is a CHE and is there different temps of how much heat it gives off? What is the name of it so that I make sure I buy the right one??

CHE = CERAMIC HEATING ELEMENT ( there are a few brands …all basically the same )
CHES’ Are a ceramic coated resistor. They work by converting electrical energy to heat energy; in other words, they get hot when electricity flows through them. They provide no light what so ever . The benefits are …they far out last any type of heat bulb on the market, and are much less fragile. The screw into a typical light socket. The most important thing is USE a ceramic
" bulb housing /socket " as well. CHE get very hot and can melt your typical plastic lamp type sockets.

JD~:)

oh yea .... they come in different Wattages 60, 100 , 150 and up ... use whatever is best for your size of enclosure......;)

shelloise

5 Year Member
Manitoba Canada
Ok thank you. I am thinking most likely a 100 watt. I have him in a 2 foot by about 2 and a half foot long enclosure. It is the bottom of a hagen rabbit cage, the ones with the plastic floor. I would just have it on at night in one area as i have another bulb that is both light and heat and goes off at night. does 100 sound about right?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
shelloise said:
Ok thank you. I am thinking most likely a 100 watt. I have him in a 2 foot by about 2 and a half foot long enclosure. It is the bottom of a hagen rabbit cage, the ones with the plastic floor. I would just have it on at night in one area as i have another bulb that is both light and heat and goes off at night. does 100 sound about right?

sounds about right .... pick yourself up a laser thermometer ...about 25 bucks at the home depot. You can point and shoot different spots within the enclosure and get very accurate readings on temps~ and adjust accordingly if need be .

JD~:)

Status
Not open for further replies.