Is this odd for two year old Ornate Boxie???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, Texas
Mildred water baby.JPGSo everything I have read for the most part says baby Ornates tend to stay hidden for years when they are little, and up until adulthood eat mostly protein. I guess Mildred is an odd duck. She is very personable, rarely hides, and eats EVERYTHING. She gets about 6 mealworms twice a week, and then she has taken to eating Mazuri, kiwi, strawberries, squash, apples, spring mix...if she is eating this way, should I just allow her to do so? Or should I up the protein? She appears very healthy and very active (I have never seen a turtle run until I had her-lol). Just curious and hoping for suggestions/advice. Thanks guys!

~Roxanne

Last edited by a moderator:

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
How old is she? It's not a bad thing at all some are active most stay hidden. It's a good thing she is active and happy

MildredsMommy

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
Millerlite said:
How old is she? It's not a bad thing at all some are active most stay hidden. It's a good thing she is active and happy

she is now three I believe. I have never seen a little boxie with so much personality. She is a little comedian! lol

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Oh 3 is a good age in the wild that's the year they will be out and about learning. They really are fun guys. Box turtles are my favorite, no matter How many species of tortoises and turtles I get they always seem to be my favs

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I have a three toed box turtle who will be 2 years old in August. She is big for her age though, about 5 inches SCL. She actually has never been a turtle that stays buried. She was 7 months old when I adopted her and has been visible and active from day one. She also was eating fruits and veggies within a month or so of me adopting her and now eats just about anything I give her.

Status
Not open for further replies.