Is this shedding normal?

Doublenn

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix
Hi all! I've had my Greek for a little under a year and this is the first time I've seen any kind of shedding. I got a little worried, but saw on the forum that shedding is normal. I still wanted to get an opinion about this just because the piece on his head that's shedding off seems kind of big. Does this look normal to you? Thanks!

3703.jpeg

FrankIinTheTortoise

Earth
Hi all! I've had my Greek for a little under a year and this is the first time I've seen any kind of shedding. I got a little worried, but saw on the forum that shedding is normal. I still wanted to get an opinion about this just because the piece on his head that's shedding off seems kind of big. Does this look normal to you? Thanks!
It looks pretty normal to me.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I had my Greek 47 years and skin shedding is perfectly normal :)

All creatures do it. Snakes do it tidily all in one go.Humans do it in tiny bits that become house dust. Tortoises do it in patches and look downright tatty at times.

No potions or treatment are needed. The old skin will rub off as your tort goes about its business :)

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Normal and do not be tempted to pull it off . It will fall off naturally. with such a young hatchling read the care sheets and soak regularly for hydration.