Is This Shell Rot?

kitrose

Location (City and/or State)
NY
Is this shell rot? I have a vet appointment coming up, but I have anxiety, so I'd love some clarity if anyone has any idea of whether or not this is normal.

Attachments

• IMG_3527.jpeg
    IMG_3527.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3526.jpeg
    IMG_3526.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I don’t see any🙂

I don’t suppose we could get some information on how you’re keeping them? It’s so helpful to know with new members😊

What are your temps like? Ie basking temp?(directly under the bulb) overall day temps? Night temps?

What kind of lighting/heating are you using? Packaging photos are great!

If you use indoor uv, what kind?

Indoor or outdoor set up? What size?

How’s your humidity?

What are you using for substrate?

What age roughly and what species are we looking at here? Hard to tell for definite by photos but is this a Russian?🙂

How’s their diet been?

If we could get a photo of your set up that would be great! Welcome to the forum😁

kitrose

NY
I don’t see any🙂

I don’t suppose we could get some information on how you’re keeping them? It’s so helpful to know with new members😊

What are your temps like? Ie basking temp?(directly under the bulb) overall day temps? Night temps?

What kind of lighting/heating are you using? Packaging photos are great!

If you use indoor uv, what kind?

Indoor or outdoor set up? What size?

How’s your humidity?

What are you using for substrate?

What age roughly and what species are we looking at here? Hard to tell for definite by photos but is this a Russian?🙂

How’s their diet been?

If we could get a photo of your set up that would be great! Welcome to the forum😁

Oh, yes, sorry! I didn't think to provide info in the context of this question, but obviously some would help! 😂

He's a male Eastern Hermann's tortoise, 1.5 years old. His enclosure is a 5 foot by 4 foot indoor wooden enclosure. Basking temp is 90-95 degrees, ambient daytime temp is 80. Nighttime temp is low seventies. Daytime humidity is 80%, at night it's usually high 80s or low 90s.

His substrate is four inches of coconut coir and three-ish inches of cypress mulch.

For lighting I have a 75 watt Zoomed basking bulb and an HO 10 ReptiSun UVB strip light. His basking bulb/ambient lights stay on for twelve hours per day in the winter and fourteen in the summer. His UVB light is on for about four hours per day in the late morning/early afternoon.

Due to my location/climate, his diet is unfortunately mostly grocery store foods, but I'm looking into indoor gardening and that kind of thing. He gets a rotation of escarole, endive, turnip greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens, collard greens, romaine, and clover (not listed in any particular order). I sprinkle crushed cuttle bone on his food three times a week, and he also gets two or three Mazuri pellets three times a week.

He gets soaked in warm water for an hour every single evening and also has access to fresh water in his enclosure 24/7.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Oh, yes, sorry! I didn't think to provide info in the context of this question, but obviously some would help! 😂

He's a male Eastern Hermann's tortoise, 1.5 years old. His enclosure is a 5 foot by 4 foot indoor wooden enclosure. Basking temp is 90-95 degrees, ambient daytime temp is 80. Nighttime temp is low seventies. Daytime humidity is 80%, at night it's usually high 80s or low 90s.

His substrate is four inches of coconut coir and three-ish inches of cypress mulch.

For lighting I have a 75 watt Zoomed basking bulb and an HO 10 ReptiSun UVB strip light. His basking bulb/ambient lights stay on for twelve hours per day in the winter and fourteen in the summer. His UVB light is on for about four hours per day in the late morning/early afternoon.

Due to my location/climate, his diet is unfortunately mostly grocery store foods, but I'm looking into indoor gardening and that kind of thing. He gets a rotation of escarole, endive, turnip greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens, collard greens, romaine, and clover (not listed in any particular order). I sprinkle crushed cuttle bone on his food three times a week, and he also gets two or three Mazuri pellets three times a week.

He gets soaked in warm water for an hour every single evening and also has access to fresh water in his enclosure 24/7.
Your environment sounds perfect for your baby which is always so wonderful to hear🥰

Diet wise, perhaps you’ll find this website useful? You could have a look through the wildflowers section and maybe buy some various seeds online, plant them in organic soil in an outdoor planter the tortoise doesn’t have access to, and forage as they grow, some might grow for you indoors😊