Its a rainstorm here in AZ!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
So it was raining a little bit earlier tonight and I thought the torts would be perfectly fine for the night so I took a shower and got ready for bed and I looked out my window and it was just pouring out (still is over an hour later I'm also in AZ so this isnt the norm for me). I keep a few of my torts in these kiddy pools and they were halfway filled up when I got out there. I do have drainage holes but the pools are located right under my house's roof so all the water is just falling from the house to the pools. When I get out there some of my torts were under the water already so I scrambled up any tubs I could find nearby and just threw them in. Needless to say I was just completely soaked head to toe when I was done rounding everyone up lol. But since no post is complete without pics here are some of the inhabitants I had to save. :D

Can anyone guess who the loner in this picture is?
21etes7.jpg

2a93yp2.jpg

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Hahaha thats why you stopped texting lols!!! Man it never rains in arizona...:p are you sure you don't have a busted pipe :) haha. And that sully is like hey whats up guys:p BTW Nice Gpp's

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
We finally got the rain along with the thunder and lighning tonight too, YAY!!!! My torts were inside but I had to go out and smell the rain. It is almost a foreign scent to me, haha.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
AustinASU said:
Hahaha thats why you stopped texting lols!!! Man it never rains in arizona...:p are you sure you don't have a busted pipe :) haha. And that sully is like hey whats up guys:p BTW Nice Gpp's

Ha ha yup. Yeah this is the most rain I've seen (at least in my area) for a long time. Its almost as if my yard is getting irrigation. I hope I dont have a busted pipe because that would be a HUGE water bill lol. Yeah that sully is a little ticked off, he's not used to hanging out with bigger torts than him lol. Thanks I think there nice too.

DesertGrandma said:
We finally got the rain along with the thunder and lighning tonight too, YAY!!!! My torts were inside but I had to go out and smell the rain. It is almost a foreign scent to me, haha.

It is nice isnt it? My backyard is drenched so I went out front and it is just way too nice to be AZ. This is what it must feel like to be in one of Tom's closed chambers. :D

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Well I'm glad to hear you saved them all when you did! Another hour and this might've been a completely different post...

Very cute Leopards. I wants one so bad!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I dont even want to think about what would have happened if another hour had gone by. I'm glad I didnt wait though.

Yes very cute little guys, they are my pride and joy.

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
DesertGrandma said:

I like the smell too :) its a relaxing nature smell . Lonely sulcata should of gave him a buddy :)

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
lushcious said:
Beautiful torts! I see the lonely sully ;)

Thank you :)

leonardo the tmnt said:
DesertGrandma said:

I like the smell too :) its a relaxing nature smell . Lonely sulcata should of gave him a buddy :)

I should have, hes the only one I kept out of all his clutch mates.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That's a nice bucket o' leos there.

We got it pretty good too, kept the torts outside though, they were loving life this morning!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I wish they could have stayed outside but there was nowhere to put them. It sure is a nice day out today though. Too bad its not like this everyday, I feel like my house is beachside right now with how nice it is. :)

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Mine loved it! My huge Sulcata male breeder finally breed today because the weather has been ideal today. He's been lazy for at least 3 months because of the heat so it was good to see him "back in action." I also moved my Russians outside for the day and they are soaking it all in as well.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Arizona Sulcata said:
Mine loved it! My huge Sulcata male breeder finally breed today because the weather has been ideal today. He's been lazy for at least 3 months because of the heat so it was good to see him "back in action." I also moved my Russians outside for the day and they are soaking it all in as well.

Yeah everyone over here had a blast. Thats weird, summertime is usually when my male kicks it into hyperdrive lol. I bet the russians loved it! All of my testudo were out of the ordinary running around mid day because it was so nice and cool today.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Yeah everyone over here had a blast. Thats weird, summertime is usually when my male kicks it into hyperdrive lol. I bet the russians loved it! All of my testudo were out of the ordinary running around mid day because it was so nice and cool today.

My male sits in the bushes and does nothing in this heat, haha. All fall, winter, and spring he does great work though.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Arizona Sulcata said:
Eweezyfosheezy said:

My male sits in the bushes and does nothing in this heat, haha. All fall, winter, and spring he does great work though.

I gotta pay my male time and half for his overtime he's puttin in this summer. :D He's already requested this winter as his vacation time though. :)

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
And yet more rain to come. RV was parked in the yard LOVING it... not to mention the grass and trees. Yesterday evening it was 98* something degrees and 32% humidity, and the morning after the rain it was 77* and 84% humidity. Lovely.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
ALDABRAMAN said:

Me to!!!

sharkstar said:
And yet more rain to come. RV was parked in the yard LOVING it... not to mention the grass and trees. Yesterday evening it was 98* something degrees and 32% humidity, and the morning after the rain it was 77* and 84% humidity. Lovely.

It was nice out the whole day (which is just an absolute rarity here lol). Have you got any rain tonight? I thought there was supposed to be a lot tonight too but I've only gotten a little bit.

conservation

10 Year Member!
Send some of that rain to Socal. It is very dry here! Glad you got to them in time!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Pets101 said:
Send some of that rain to Socal. It is very dry here! Glad you got to them in time!

Ha ha its a lot of rain but we really need this. I am glad I got to them in time too. :)

I just got inside from saving them once again lol. It was coming down pretty lightly for a good half hour so I thought they'd be fine but then it just came down like a hurricane all of a sudden. Picture a 21 year old college MAN :) running around in his backyard with only his boxer briefs on saving his torts from drowning without smiling. Exactly you cant lol, I'm just glad it didnt get video taped. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.