James Mapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I received this e-mail from Robert Mapes this morning. I don't know if you all remember the thread I posted where I was scammed by him for $100.

My name is Robert Mapes......I came across your emails to my brother james.....I just wanted to apologize for everything that you went through with him......He went to texas very late last year....to visit family.....he was found dead in our parents house....the same house that they both died in......he hung himself......he suffered from Bipolar disorder and had lots of ups and downs......Again: I am so sorry.....

Sincerely,
Robert Mapes

This is the thread.
http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-6666.html?highlight=James+Mapes

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Terry:

This person is a member here on the forum and reads the threads.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I sent Robert a letter telling him how sorry I was, and also that his brother did refund me my money. You can delete the post if you want to, Yvonne. I just wanted to update everyone.

The older I get the more stupid I get!

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Terry, Thank you it was good to get an update. Unfortunately, bipolar is a common and greatly under treated and under diagnosed disease and in hind sight the whole event makes more sense with the updated info. My condolences to his brother. Very sad to say but his death was probably easier to deal with than the every day life can be to deal with. I have had friends with Bi polar and the ups and downs can be very trying and tiring.

Dawna

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Makes you wonder why his brother would email you after such a long time Terry. I've got to admit it's a little confusing to me.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Shelly said:
I'm confused... who was the scammer? Robert, James, or both?

James was the one who tried to scam me. His brother, Robert (supposedly) is the one who just e-mailed me.

Candy said:
Makes you wonder why his brother would email you after such a long time Terry. I've got to admit it's a little confusing to me.

If you think you're confused......I am REALLY confused. Strange, isn't it?
Oh well............

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It could of course just be a brother trying to tie up his dead brothers loose ends.

tjm1302

5 Year Member
I am working with someone who is BiPolar and everyday is a strain not knowing what to say... I say hello and depending on the day they've had might get hello back, or a screaming match that "it is never a good day"... So stressful working with someone with BiPolar.

Status
Not open for further replies.