Jerry Fife Special Guest SDTTS March 6th

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
This meeting is in Balboa Park where the SD Zoo is. I have never been to the meetings but wanted to share!

image.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You should try to attend, Kathy. It would be quite a treat to meet Jerry Fife. Also, my tortoise partner, Will, usually attends that club's meetings.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Jerry frequently presents at TTPG. I can guarantee that this will be a great presentation. Anyone who misses it will regret it.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I would like to, but I'm sorta shy when I go to new places by myself:( Do you just in chairs and listen? Maybe I could get one of my kids to go with me.
I will truly try. ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If it's anything like the meetings here in town, you just go inside and sit in a chair. When the activities start, they have a short business meeting, then the speaker's presentation, then refreshments and you're outta' there. I'll bet some of the members will come up to you and introduce themselves and talk to you, but if they don't, poo on 'em.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yep. Yvonne is right. You don't have to socialize at all if you don't want to.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
After watching the video of Toms talk last month, I decided to go to the meeting! My whole family is going!
I hope other SD members go to like @Dizisdalife and @Will . I can't remember who else lives near me.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Please do share what you learn in that meeting with us. Jnjoy you're family outing and have fun!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Please do share what you learn in that meeting with us. Jnjoy you're family outing and have fun!!!

Your assuming I'm going to retain the info! If you only knew more about me! Lol! I will do my best! I guess I could record some of the talk and share it here.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Your assuming I'm going to retain the info! If you only knew more about me! Lol! I will do my best! I guess I could record some of the talk and share it here.
If you just say "it is a wonderful gathering last night" will be good enough. ;);)

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
After watching the video of Toms talk last month, I decided to go to the meeting! My whole family is going!
I hope other SD members go to like @Dizisdalife and @Will . I can't remember who else lives near me.
I'll be there. I've done a couple presentations for SDTTS. It's a good time the speaker line-up is pretty good for the year so far. Like an extended free TTPG conference.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Kathy. Unfortunately I have another commitment for Friday night. Thirty years ago, before the Internet, the SDTTS was just about the only place locally to find information on tortoise husbandry. I had several CDT's back then and I was a regular at the monthly meetings.

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
You should try to attend, Kathy. It would be quite a treat to meet Jerry Fife. Also, my tortoise partner, Will, usually attends that club's meetings.

Yvonne, I didn't know you live in San Diego? I'm happy to know that I can meet some people from the forum there. Unfortunately I miss the meeting.

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I would like to, but I'm sorta shy when I go to new places by myself:( Do you just in chairs and listen? Maybe I could get one of my kids to go with me.
I will truly try. ;)

I'll try to make it to the next one and I'll say hello