JUMBO CHERRYHEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Not all Cherry Heads are Dwarfs eh ?……Here is a New Female addition to the herd….She is HUGE!….Near 12” and heavy as a Mac Truck! A good friend of mine finally decided to part with her ( it only took me 2 years of bribes! ) A perfect match for my Alpha male who is also 12”…..( another whopper CherryHead) …..
Here the two enjoy a snack for the pic …… and for comparison last picture is these two CHERRY HEADS….side by side with a 6” CHERRYHEAD in the middle …..
I would never consider these a dwarf species……by any means, as some info out there leads you to believe~
BGMOMMA2.jpg
BGMOMMA3.jpg
BGMOMMA5.jpg
BGMOMMA4.jpg
BGMOMMA9.jpg
BGMOMMA8.jpg

HAPPY TORT~N

JD~:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Putting the smaller one in the middle really gave a new perspective to their size.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Putting the smaller one in the middle really gave a new perspective to their size.

Yes ..... as most Cherrys seem to be in the 6"-10" range after 10 or so years .....these two are HUMUNGO! :p

JD~:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I will be interesting to note (if these two pair up) if eggs are normal in both size and clutch numbers. Then if the young are hatched being larger or end up growing larger then the "normal" ones.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Jeff, how old is she? I'm starting to think that Pio is going to be a big girl too. She was 4 years old on July 2011, and she's almost 9 inches now. Scary.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
terryo said:
Jeff, how old is she? I'm starting to think that Pio is going to be a big girl too. She was 4 years old on July 2011, and she's almost 9 inches now. Scary.

Terry Iam going to guess at around 14-16 years of age ......

Status
Not open for further replies.