Just a thank you

zolasmum

5 Year Member
On a last side note,,.. also a huge shout out to @Kapidolo Farms for the fantastic products that have added great benefits to Frank's development.
It is great that you have been able to get everything right at the beginning of Frank's life, and now you know there are people you can call on for advice - thank you on Frank's behalf for working so hard to give him a good and happy life. I'm sure people here will want to know all about his progress - and lots of photos ! It sounds like he's going to be a wonderful little companion for you.
Very best wishes from Angie.

MSLATICK22

Location (City and/or State)
Emmaus PA
It is great that you have been able to get everything right at the beginning of Frank's life, and now you know there are people you can call on for advice - thank you on Frank's behalf for working so hard to give him a good and happy life. I'm sure people here will want to know all about his progress - and lots of photos ! It sounds like he's going to be a wonderful little companion for you.
Very best wishes from Angie.
❤️❤️❤️

MSLATICK22

Emmaus PA
Another delayed welcome to the forum! Your little guy looks great 👍

What are your plans for an enclosure as he gets bigger?
Thank you so much! .. I have many grandiose plans formulating in my head for his final enclosure .. right now he is in a 4 x 8 in my living room .. but that will not be lasting too much longer. 1st plan will most likely be to convert one entire room of the basement to mimic closely his environment now .. I have a half done bathroom down there so he will have his own shower as well ... while a juvenile and while still in this house he will have an outdoor day enclosure and be brought in at night....
Fortunately we do not have kids and make a good living, so after that we are buying a few acres.. and have intentions of a large enclosure, with a building and a greenhouse both attached. Right now all I know is I want my walls to be swerved and not straight with corners. .... check back in 5 years or so .. I will probably have a zoo quality oasis going on 🤣

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Nice to see another sulcata in PA 😀

This enclosure I built lasted about 5 years:

This past winter he was climbing the walls and clearly didn't have enough room

I encourage you to go as big as possible from the start, because he will grow faster than you expect 😁

MSLATICK22

Emmaus PA

I encourage you to go as big as possible from the start, because he will grow faster than you expect 😁

MSLATICK22

Emmaus PA

That's awesome!! Thank you for the thread link! And yes I agree.. when I have a little more time I will definitely read it over.

... and yes! Awesome to meet another keeper in PA .. so nice to meet ya!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And this is why I do it. Your post right here is all the reward I would ever want. Healthy well cared for tortoises are the goal. Thank you for the thank you.

May I ask, what has been the reception on the FB groups when you present this info? In the past I have been told that the info is soundly rejected, deleted, and the poster banned from the group if they argue or persist by showing factual evidence like your picture. Is that tide turning? Is the info starting to be "allowed" now, and possibly even accepted?
I've noticed that young people that work in pet shops will Google a question I asked about tortoises. The answers were purely TFO answers. That's how I knew I was in the right place when I joined here in 2018. TFO is definitely working to improve the lives of tortoises. That's not even mentioning the rapor amongst the people on other subjects. So I want to say thanks to you too. And a thanks to the moderators, administrators, and the members. I guess it takes time for change but it's been working all along 🐢🐢🐢🐢.🤗

MSLATICK22

Emmaus PA
Hello and welcome 🤗 Frank is so beautiful. It will be fun for us to keep seeing the darling as s/he grows 😉😁
Hello, ... and thank you for the kind welcome and compliment! It's very much appreciated. Such wonderful folks on this forum .. am so happy to be here!

Will definitely post some pics from time to time 😁

Growing like a weed .. 1lb 8 oz this week .. crazy not 1 until August
❤️🐢

MSLATICK22

Emmaus PA

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks again for the link .. great indoor enclosure!!! Especially for the next phase I will be heading into .. and shortly i think haha. I had alot of similar ideas brewing, and you have given me alot of new ones to incorporate in. Right now, while following @Tom 's careguide and principles .... my current enclosure is a hybrid of some of his ideas and what I thought would work for me and my room temps and humidity. I do a couple unconventional things. 🤷‍♀️😆😉,.. but it is seeming to be working pretty well. I actually took 2 commercial wooden enclosures and modified the crap out of them.. amongst some other things. ...

and now am in the concept stages of my next enclosure endeavor.... so perfect timing! 😁👍👍