Just had a scary experience with a roadrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewam

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Ca.
I had Bing outside for a run and took all the precautions. I had a dirt blocker for planters thing in a big circle so couldn't get out, I put a chair over it so a hawk couldn't swoop down a get him and I had the dogs locked in. And after about a half an hour I looked outside and saw a roadrunner standing at the edge of the circle looking at Bing so I started screaming and running at it and scared it away. I haven't seen one in years and it was a day after I think it was sharkstar told me that they will go after tortoises. I was just in time if I looked out probably a minute later I would of thought he escaped.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Glad you saw the bird in time and all was well.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Thank the LORD your tort are fine:D

Thank the LORD for Everything :D

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
a neighbor of a friend had torts (unknown species) that would clutch and they'd let their little ones have the run of the yard. They couldn't understand how the babies were disappearing... and then there was the road runner on the fence, watching, waiting for the humans to turn their backs.. Anything little and yummy looking is fair game to the wiley road runner...... and I wouldn't trust them.

jbean7916

5 Year Member
sharkstar said:
Anything little and yummy looking is fair game to the wiley road runner...... and I wouldn't trust them.

Wait a minute, I though Wiley was the coyote?? :p

Glad everyone is safe!!

Ebillan

5 Year Member
I didn't know roadrunners were that big! Glad you caught him before anything happened!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I've seen a roadrunner climb a tree and eat baby birds out of their nest. They are not to be trusted at all!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I would have never guessed that a roadrunner would be a problem bird....

Status
Not open for further replies.