just joined this forum thanks for the great info this group shares

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You say we can learn about tortoises here ! I just thought it was a place to pick on people !

surfergirl

I am pretty thick skinned, come from a work industry that does that to me. you have to be tough to handle the keyboard cowboys out in these forums...you ever heard about the missing donkey that fell in the well? farmer decides to fill the well hole up,as the farmer throws in a shovel load of dirt the donkey shakes it off his back, eventually after he shakes all the shovel loads off his back he llwalks out of the well.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That's deep ! Ha-ha I'm just picking .You should join us over in the chat . You should get along just fine . Plus you get to know us better .

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
You'll learn quick enough:) I get on Pretend Chat every once in a while. There we talk about anything and everything. I think you'll really enjoy it. And Mike, he's about the funniest of us all. Love the guy :p

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi, surfergirl, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and the gorgeous Debit.
It's great to have you and your experience with us here.
While we're talking of Chat Rooms, The Cold Dark Room is another one here, near the bottom of the forums list under Personal Promotions.
You'd be very welcome to cozy up on an armadillo and share a coffee with us there, too. :)
i also don't do facebook or any of those things.
Just here.
nice people!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I am pretty thick skinned, come from a work industry that does that to me. you have to be tough to handle the keyboard cowboys out in these forums...you ever heard about the missing donkey that fell in the well? farmer decides to fill the well hole up,as the farmer throws in a shovel load of dirt the donkey shakes it off his back, eventually after he shakes all the shovel loads off his back he llwalks out of the well.

So, then on that note, "How's the surfing in Atlanta?" hahahahha

I've been called an a$$ a few times, not met many who refer to themselves as a donkey, even metaphorically. I think Mike's humor got trumped.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne, how old are your "girls" they are girls right? Looks like the one out front has less armor and no flip up on the shell. wasn't sure if sulcata males behave themselves with the girls except during breeding season. Debit has flashed once when he was just over 13" and i thought he was hurt or sick, his insides prolapsing and my husband said you dummy "he is a male " hahaha!

That's a picture of my two male aldabran tortoises. They hatched in 2000. So all the pyramiding can be blamed on me. I got them before I was educated on humidity and pyramiding, sorry to say.