just joined

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimby37

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
DSCN1791.JPG Hi, i just joined. Seems like you can never get enough information on raising a tortoise and cant help but thinking if your doing it right. We got a Hermann's tortoise right before x-mas. Wish we knew for sure what the gender is (i know its hard when they are so little) Not quite sure of the age we think about 3 months maybe. Mylo's (daughter thinks its a boy) shell is 2 inches and he weighs about maybe 1 1/2 ounces. (we need to get a better scale). We are in the process of getting stuff together to build a tortoise table as we were misinformed to get a glass tank :(. Attached is a picture of him. We are definately obsessed with the little bugger he is just too cute.
Kim :)

Last edited by a moderator:

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
welcome! You'll find that the forum and its members are very helpful and friendly.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Welcome to the forum!

For babies, glass tanks actually work really well and help keep them warmer and more humid. It isn't until the start getting too big for an aquarium that you really have to worry about building a tort table.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Very cute! Welcome and so nice to have you joining us!

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Welcome Kim.
Look up Terryo's set up in enclosures. I am not sure what a Hermann's climate should be, but the tupperwares are hard to get those temps up, which I am sure he needs regardless. I know I tried for 2 years and just changed to an aquarium!! (Oh it sounds so wrong!!)for my little guy, the large ones are in a tort table)
I am in Belchertown, so that makes at least 3 from Mass. Yahoo!!
You'll love this spot!!
Nay

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
kimby37 said:
coreyc said:
Hello Kim welcome to the TFO :) What part of Mass are you in?

Hi we are in Gloucester. Where are you located?

I'm in Dudley:D

Nay said:
Welcome Kim.
Look up Terryo's set up in enclosures. I am not sure what a Hermann's climate should be, but the tupperwares are hard to get those temps up, which I am sure he needs regardless. I know I tried for 2 years and just changed to an aquarium!! (Oh it sounds so wrong!!)for my little guy, the large ones are in a tort table)
I am in Belchertown, so that makes at least 3 from Mass. Yahoo!!
You'll love this spot!!
Nay

Dont forget about zzzdanz from Boston that's four there are more they have not been on in awhile:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kim:

Welcome to the forum!!

kimby37

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Tracy Gould said:
Hi Kim welcome to the forum. I have a Hermann's too mine was born September 09.

Not sure when ours was born we got it the middle of december i tried to e-mailed the place i ordered it from for information on all that but they have not replied yet. I'm sure its about the same age as yours.

Lohan

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum you will get lots of help here. Very cute tort. L.

Status
Not open for further replies.