Just Measured

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ashburn, VA
Does anyone have any comparison by any chance? I am curious if this is big, small, median... I'll say this he is an eating machine and is very solid when handled.

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
I absolutely adore your Leo! Chuba Ghandi, has grown a lot in the past 3 months, I'm lovin' the black! Our Leo's look similar too, though yours has grown much faster than mine. Good work on keeping Chuba Ghandi smooth, your enclosure is working wonders and it shows! :D
Sterling Thunder said:
Does anyone have any comparison by any chance? I am curious if this is big, small, median... I'll say this he is an eating machine and is very solid when handled.

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
Thanks, the picture isn't the best, he is smoother than he looks in that picture. If you don't mind me asking do you happen to know the sizes on yours?

SulcataDud3 said:
I absolutely adore your Leo! Chuba Ghandi, has grown a lot in the past 3 months, I'm lovin' the black! Our Leo's look similar too, though yours has grown much faster than mine. Good work on keeping Chuba Ghandi smooth, your enclosure is working wonders and it shows! :D
Sterling Thunder said:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Sterling Thunder said:
Does anyone have any comparison by any chance? I am curious if this is big, small, median...

yes.. I have an 18month old GPB that weighs 139grams and is 4". I got her a few months ago. She was started dry then changed over to humid conditions.

I'd say you have a well hydrated, naturally growing Leopard :D

**Now for the record I have another 18month old GPB that was raised humid from the start. He is 6" and almost a pound and a half... but this guy wasn't 144grams at 3 months.

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Though, you may think the picture isn't the best, it does do justice! :D You're going to have a BIG Leo, in a year! I don't measure shell length because it's a bothersome until they've reached a certain size, I just take weights. Mio, is somewhere around 60g and I've had her since August. Here she is the first day she arrived and her 8 days ago.

zkug.jpg
kq1f.jpg

Sterling Thunder said:
Thanks, the picture isn't the best, he is smoother than he looks in that picture. If you don't mind me asking do you happen to know the sizes on yours?

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
Wow, they do look very similar. Good looking tort you got there!

SulcataDud3 said:
Though, you may think the picture isn't the best, it does do justice! :D You're going to have a BIG Leo, in a year! I don't measure shell length because it's a bothersome until they've reached a certain size, I just take weights. Mio, is somewhere around 60g and I've had her since August. Here she is the first day she arrived and her 8 days ago.

zkug.jpg
kq1f.jpg

Sterling Thunder said:

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks! :D Who did you purchase your Leo from? If you don't mind me asking, we may have bought them from the same person. Btw, how's your enclosure holding up?

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
I got mine from Greg T's surprise clutch.

The enclosure has worked out incredibly well. I have had to lower the entrance to the hide twice so his high domed shell could fit through (luckily I planned for that in the beginning). I am taking the lessons learned on the current enclosure and building a new larger modular enclosure that can be expanded. Over the past month and a half I have even learned some basic stone masonry and more than I ever thought I would need to know about pumps for the project. My goal is to have a zoo style exhibit on the inside with a furniture grade exterior.

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
Right around 8 months now and Chuba Ghandi is now 252 grams (.55 lbs)! Will update his pics when he moves into his new enclosure in the next week or two.

Last month he had his first educational outing to a local private school. He was a huge hit and VERY social with the kids and the adults. We discussed the Tom's humid method and how it helps them.