Just my opinion...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
A lot of the people that are on this forum know me and know my opinions. This is an opinion I feel strongly about and here is one of the reasons. We do not give our tortoises baths. Generally speaking captive tortoises don't get dirty. I have never given a turtle or tortoise a bath. I do however, soak tortoises for hydration. We simply MUST be specific on they them never she he, and it's fashionable nowadays to tell what is your sexuality. Right? But evidently that's about as far as being correct in our language...We SOAK...SOAK not bathe That's 2 of my bit*ches. And here's one of the reasons...I'm on another turtle and tortoise group and a guy posts that he's bathing his turtle and his son...POURED IRISH SPRING BODY WASH INTO THE BATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just possibly if that kid had been told it's not BATH...it's SOAKING...DRINKING. I am having a melt down or something...because this guy offended me twice in one short sentence...he's bathes his turtle...what kind of turtle? A Western Hermanni that's what kind of freakin turtle!!!!! Now I'm gonna go play Solitaire
100_0257.JPG