Just questions about Tortoises I was wondering

PetrieLeaves

Location (City and/or State)
iowa
Hi, my name is Alyssa I just got a male russian tortoise and I just wanted to ask some questions!
How can I bond to my russian tortoise? I was told by people in the forums he looks about 10 years old.
Do Russian Tortoises like to play with anything? I've seen some love to push around balls.
What would be seen as a "snack" food, are there any of those in the tortoise world?
What would be in your opinion the best thing you've gotten for your tortoise? You can put links below!
What is something owning tortoises have made you learned, but because of owning them?
Thank you! If anybody would like to be friends I'd love to be and discuss everything tortoise. I love soaking up information.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi, my name is Alyssa I just got a male russian tortoise and I just wanted to ask some questions!
How can I bond to my russian tortoise? I was told by people in the forums he looks about 10 years old.
Do Russian Tortoises like to play with anything? I've seen some love to push around balls.
What would be seen as a "snack" food, are there any of those in the tortoise world?
What would be in your opinion the best thing you've gotten for your tortoise? You can put links below!
What is something owning tortoises have made you learned, but because of owning them?
Thank you! If anybody would like to be friends I'd love to be and discuss everything tortoise. I love soaking up information.
They are not cuddly, playful mammals like a puppy or a kitten (or a human)
Their brains are wired differently.
But if you have the extra time. Hand feed your Russian as often as you can. He/she will be excited about the food and will therefore begin to know that seeing you means something good.
Eventually he should not have any issues with your presence and start to follow your moves. (Which may be a sign of aggression. But it'll seem cute. So screw it)
So much of "loving" your tortoise is about your perception. So just enjoy him.