- Nov 8, 2014
Hey all! So my step dad has 2 tortoises. One is a Russian tortoise, and the other one is unknown. They are living together in a fairly large cage. I don't really know much about tortoises.... so I decided to do some research. I need some help on the basics of owning a tortoise. Some questions I have are:
- What substrate and bedding is safe and/or highly recommended
- What is the best diet for a russian tortoise
- How big does the indoor enclosure need to be for a tortoise?
- How often does the enclosure need to be cleaned?
- How often do the tortoises need to be taken out and played with?
- How do we play with the tortoises?
- Are there any specific diet supplements that we have to give the tortoises?
- What main items do the tortoises need in their enclosure?
- What other information do you guys think we need to know about tortoises?