Soaking

Tkramer20

Location (City and/or State)
Beloit
how often and how long do you guys soak your sulcata tortoises. Shelldon is 3 months old. And any other basic need to knows that come with owning a sulcata.

nicoleann2214

NY
how often and how long do you guys soak your sulcata tortoises. Shelldon is 3 months old. And any other basic need to knows that come with owning a sulcata.
I soak mine 30 minutes everyday. What’s your enclosure like?

Tkramer20

Beloit
I also pour water in his enclosure to keep humidity up its hard to get humidity as high as i need without a top on it and if i want a top i will have completely redo my enclosure

nicoleann2214

NY
I also pour water in his enclosure to keep humidity up its hard to get humidity as high as i need without a top on it and if i want a top i will have completely redo my enclosure
You could look into getting a grow tent that’s what I use a lot of members on here use them as well. @Srmcclure

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Give this a read:

Your tortoise should be soaked daily for 30-40 minutes. Use a tall sided opaque tub and keep the water warm the whole time.