Just sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
It is so sad when you ask how someone's 3 torts are and they tell you 2 died :(....and you think "I could have helped......maybe"

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's always a sad situation...but what 3 torts are you talking about?

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
I try not to assume I could have handled the hardship another went through any better than they did without having gone through the exact difficulty myself.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Sibi- I know a person that had a sully, leopard and CDT.

Baoh- I am not judging, I may not have been able to do any better. One young tort quit eating and died. Had I known I would have told them to make sure it was warm, give carrot baths, read more TFO, and take to a vet. It still may have died. The other a juvenile also was put outside with the large CDT and the dog got it. Nothing I could have done there :( , but it makes me sad.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are they a member of TFO? I would suggest that they join. Also, gently steer them to Toms dog threads, before the last one gets caught by the dog too. It is sad. Knowing so many from TFO may have been able to help, at least try. Also, maybe they would have seen the dog threads. Hopefully at least they will learn from their loss.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I tryed to get them interested in TFO when they got their first tort. I sent them Tom's care sheets etc.....I doubt they ever looked at TFO. The last one is a big guy. I hope he will be safe.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Angi said:
Sibi- I know a person that had a sully, leopard and CDT.

Baoh- I am not judging, I may not have been able to do any better. One young tort quit eating and died. Had I known I would have told them to make sure it was warm, give carrot baths, read more TFO, and take to a vet. It still may have died. The other a juvenile also was put outside with the large CDT and the dog got it. Nothing I could have done there :( , but it makes me sad.

I understand the feeling. I am asking us to remember that we all face hard battles that only those in the fighter's pit know the most regarding.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
I hate being in a situation like that.. knowing you could have done something to prevent it from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.