Tortoise died

Status
Not open for further replies.

stone09

5 Year Member
Our tortoise died unexpectedly, his nutrition was fine and so was everything. I'm thinking maybe we should have went up to a 40 gallon by now? Maybe I fed him a tad bit to much? I'm heart broken, we took very good care.

So sad.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My condolences to you. It sounds like you might want to try to figure out what happened from the way you worded your post. We'd be happy to try and help figure it out, if that is what you want...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I am so sorry for your loss..

I don't think it was the 20 gallon tank. When your tortoise's shell started getting soft, I think that was a big sign that something was wrong.

Again I am sorry for your loss..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So very sorry that happened.

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
very sorry to hear of your loss, i know what you are going through. My tortoise is going to be put down in a couple of days. You end up thinking or everything ie where did i go wrong, was there any earlier signs i should of noticed ect but what ive realized is that there reptiles and with reptiles its sadly a hit or a miss.

Dont Blame yourself im sure you handled him/her with great loving care we can only do the best we can do

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sorry to hear about it, and I don't want to sound mean or cold, but tortoises very rarely die suddenly, often times there is a underlying cause.

stone09

5 Year Member
We took care of the shell issue and got him on a great calcium diet and ordered some vet recommended hay that we could sprinkle on top of his salads. In Texas it is up into the 90's now so he has been out in the sun. Just yesterday he came up to me all happy and excited. Then I went to check on him this evening to feed he was swollen up and died. Did not see this coming at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.