Baby tortoise died

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
My baby sulcata died today as a result from kidney failure, very heartbroken! But at least he is no longer suffering. He's suffered well over 2 months. He/she was so tiny. I always called him he?! I miss my tortoise so much already :( it's so hard losing our pets. I can't stop balling over a tortoise that I've only had for 9 months! What will I ever do with my other tortoises that I've owed for over 7 years. I love my babies! I couldn't handle losing them!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I am so sorry for your loss.

Would you mind sharing where you got your baby and how it was started as a hatchling so that others might learn form your tragedy?

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
I am so sorry for your loss.

Would you mind sharing where you got your baby and how it was started as a hatchling so that others might learn form your tragedy?
I got my baby as a wedding gift from a friend. She purchased him at a reptile pet shop. He was healthy, ate fine, until one day I noticed his rear legs were upwards as he walked. I didn't realize right away that his upper thighs were swollen until he started getting his legs all cut up from his spikey shell.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
So sorry for your loss. It is amazing how quick they steal our hearts.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So very sorry for your loss. It is very hard losing a four legged family member and they do know how to get us attached so very quickly. Again, so very sorry. Find some comfort in you gave it your best and at least gave him a chance and love

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
:( I'm very sorry to hear about your baby! Hopefully you will have many more years with your other shelled friends!!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Thank you everyone, I'm thankful to have joined this forum. People who don't have tortoises don't really understand our unique shelled friends.