Just saying hello

Paul&Sherman

Hi fairly new to torts but have kept other reptiles for quite a few years,
Got my sulcata Sherman in November so still learning, eats like a pig and growing well
IMG_20160320_093525.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

whildefire

Vermont, USA
Hello. I'm new to this forum as well. I live in Vermont and have a Russian tortoise named Fred. I have had him for 11 years so I think he is about 12 years old now. I got him from Petco in New Hampshire. I have been researching state laws about tortoises to see which states I can have Fred in because my husband and I want to do some RVing and then move to Florida. We will have two dogs, one cat, and Fred with us the whole time but I don't want to lose Fred due to it being illegal to have him in some states. The dogs and cat get along with Fred.
The thing that makes me mad is when people call Fred a turtle instead of a tortoise. I got a book on Russian tortoises when I got Fred so I could learn about him and take care of him right. Anyway hi from Vermont.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome - to all of you!!

Whildefire - It used to annoy me that tortoises were called turtles as well, but a knowledgeable member explained to me that it's all to do with classification etc and while tortoises can be called turtles, turtles cannot be called tortoises. I'll see if I can find it and post the link. (Why not do your own intro so I can do that without hijacking Paul and Shermans posts and you will get more personalised replies).