Just saying hello

CandyW

Good morning all! New member and sure am glad I found this site! Lots of great information. My husband and I adopted a Sulcata almost a year ago. I'm a Certified veterinary Technician, and had a client ask me if I would be interested in fostering a pet tortoise for a few weeks while the owner had some medical treatments done. I said sure, just for a few weeks. That was 11 months ago! Beast has become a member of the family. He is almost 6, weighs about 25 lbs, and loves having a yard to roam around in. He had previously been kept in a large indoor cage with no room to turn around. His previous owner was too sick to carry him outside for fresh grasses and sunshine. I've been reading a lot of posts since we found this group and don't really have a question at this point (most have been answered by reading) but wanted to say hello!

11116157_10206670016576162_1309872696_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Candy. Beast is lucky to have found you. Do you think his previous keeper will ever be able to take him back? Let's hope not!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Where are you?

Beast is lucky he found you.

yillt

Welcome! What are the green leaves on his shell? ;)

CandyW

Welcome to the Forum, Candy. Beast is lucky to have found you. Do you think his previous keeper will ever be able to take him back? Let's hope not!!!
When I got him, they wanted me to email with updates, which I did weekly. Not one response. The owner had been home for weeks before I heard he was home. Not once have they asked about him!! No way are they getting him back now! Never thought a tortoise would have so much personality or that we would get as attached to him as we have!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome - yes they certainly do have a sneaky way of finding their way into your heart!
This is a great place to find up to date information on all things tort related and Beast is a lucky boy to have you!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thanks for giving Beast a loving home.:)
Hi, Candy, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Beast