Just starting out and need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnyb7283

5 Year Member
I'm just starting out, currently own no torts but want 1 or 2 lifetime pets and possibly breed. I'll probably end up with more though. Well I just was wondering what hypo meant, are there any illegal to own torts, and which tort would be the best fit for a starter care taker, I currently have a few other herps: bearded dragons, smooth sided toads, African bullfrogs, and a frilled dragon so I'm not inexperienced. Just don't know much about torts, and I want some. I just wan to know more before I get them.

Thanks for the help ahead of time!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Jonny and welcome to the Forum!!

There are a couple of good articles for beginners under the "General Tortoise Discussion", listed as "articles" in sub forums. Here's one of them, but you should read them all:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-22635.html

Spn785

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
Hi and welcome! I personally would suggest one of the mediteranean species as a starter, probably not the egyptian though. I do not know of any tortoises that are necessarily illegal to own, and if there are they would be too rare to be able to find and raise yourself, there are however some tortoises that require permits, it all depends on your state.

Verei

5 Year Member
Get a Russian tortoise ! Have a look at mine he's so cute :DDD

Jonnyb7283

5 Year Member
I was looking a a cherry headed red foot, or mavbe and ivory snow leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.