Just turtling

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I took a couple pics with my cell, with "vivid" or "enhanced". Kerry sent home some cantaloupe rinds home and I gave her a bunch of mealworms, she's eating the last ones!20230521_140036_HDR.jpg

20230521_171539_HDR.jpg
I also fed a 8" lizard on my deck! I tossed one and it was money, landed 3 inches from him and he didn't run....5 sec later he was searching the smell and he ate it, followed by 10 of the cutest licks of his lips...I gave him 4 or 5 more, each time he would ick his lips afterwards. cute.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I posted a vid in the "other photo" section...he lives here so he'll be around for a couple years. There are a few residents on the other deck too.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
What species is Matilda? She has pretty coloring.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
She (or he<LOL>) is an Eastern box turtle....she's rather jealous of her mealworms going outside too. he really reacts when she sees the yellow and red bags!

Reactions: Ink

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I put Matilda outside in her outdoor home today, I'll let her spend the night but since I'll be leaving tomorrow, I won't leave her out full time till I can check on her for now at least.
After her experience with the rat out there, I wonder if it even dawns on her that she's "walking through the valley of the shadow of death"?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Matilda was looking very "mannish" yesterday.....as she spent outside...47F this morning too, I sure picked a cool night but she'll be fine, maybe mad but fine.

I let her walk around when I put her in, then let her see the mealworm plastic pouch....it focuses her like a laser...so she came over, ate then went off to explore and I went inside.

_DSC0477.JPG

I didn't see the plastic trash till I looked at the pic, then I went out and removed it!

Reactions: Ink