Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I gues this could be in the debate posts but here it goes. I have read a lot of hate filled posts over the past couple of days concerning **** cheney and karma. now the majority seem to say that karma is causing this, same thing when rush was in the hospital, KARMA. well let us look at these two men, they are in relative good health, they are both super rich, and they are older so they have lived a long time, and they might live a long time more, so is that karma at work? what if they were to live another 30 or 40 years in relative good health, is that karma at work? When I see a news story about a "bad man" a lot of people say oh it's karma at work, but these men are usually rich, long lived and seem quite happy so if it is karma why does it take so long to work? Let's look at bill clinton he was in the hospital recently and no one I saw said oooh karma at work, so why is it when so called "bad people" go to the hospital it is karma, but when so called "good pople" no one ever mentions karma? So your thoughts Karma do you believe? is karma sending people like rush and cheney to the hospital? then why are they so wealthy? did karma send bill to the hospital? Just some thoughts I had.

chadk

10 Year Member!
how about haiti? Karma? Just doesn't add up... But I don't think most people mean it seriously... Kinda like saying "good luck".

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
I'm terrified of "karma",but its on because it keeps me being me!

but its ok*

Oh, and, I thought Haiti was the number one country to practice witchcraft...? Or am i wrong?

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
on Haiti comment

Micah 5:12
I will destroy your witchcraft and you will no longer cast spells.

Haiti being the Witchcraft headquarter of the Western Hemisphere

That is "karma" or God how ever you want to label it..i dont believe in Karma, I believe in God and you can call it Karma if you want.. Like you can call it evolution or creation.. The creation is what scientist call evolution.. For Real God said it and Bang it happened, Scientist proved how it started, they just need to put God before it...

chadk

10 Year Member!
Sorry, but I'm afraid you are taking Micah 5:12 out of context. There are many natural disasters that kill many people. And I know of good Christian missionaries who were killed in Haiti from the earthquake.

Creation and evolution are not the same either. Evolution is man's best attempt to explain the diversity of life on this planet out side of a Creator.

And scientists have not proved "how it started". Not one scientist I know would claim that. There are many ideas, but how the first living cell came about is still a mystery to science.

From wiki... but clearly there are better places to go if you want to dig deeper...

"Origin of life
Further information: Abiogenesis and RNA world hypothesis
The origin of life is a necessary precursor for biological evolution, but understanding that evolution occurred once organisms appeared and investigating how this happens does not depend on understanding exactly how life began.[215] The current scientific consensus is that the complex biochemistry that makes up life came from simpler chemical reactions, but it is unclear how this occurred.[216] Not much is certain about the earliest developments in life, the structure of the first living things, or the identity and nature of any last universal common ancestor or ancestral gene pool.[217][218] Consequently, there is no scientific consensus on how life began, but proposals include self-replicating molecules such as RNA,[219] and the assembly of simple cells.[220]"

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I found it interesting that you mentioned good people and then you used Bill Clintons name. I loved seeing him and our governor yesterday in their setup news conference trying to say that we need to take better care of our nutrition and our childrens nutrition. Yeah I guess that means another free lunch program. Disgusting to me that they act like they're doing something good. I'm thinking that Chad is right and it's just something that people say about others that they don't know personally. I don't mind Cheney and have nothing against him. He has already suffered 5 minor heart attacks you know so God must think that we still need him here. :D Sorry Shelly can't agree with you on that one. I never hate anyone that much.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I used bill because a lot of people think he is "good" notice the "" marks, I was trying to get a gauge on whether or not people think karma has a hand in it or is it just life.

Status
Not open for further replies.