keep the old or switch to the new????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
so tanker is in a two level enclosure that me and my dad made and he doesnt like going down to the bottom...ive tried everything. 100MEDIA$IMAG0131 (2).jpg
so i have a dresser that is aprox. 6ft long x 3-4ft wide i was thinking of taking the draws out and using that.100MEDIA$IMAG0597.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Even if he doesn't use both levels, is the enclosure still big enough? I would stay with old if it is big enough without the second level. Then when he decides, he will use the other level.:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Is it the ramp incline being too steep for his liking that is causing problems?

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY
Jacqui said:
Is it the ramp incline being too steep for his liking that is causing problems?
he goes up and down it perfectly fine i think he just likes the top better. I think he likes to look out and be able to see us.

wellington said:
Even if he doesn't use both levels, is the enclosure still big enough? I would stay with old if it is big enough without the second level. Then when he decides, he will use the other level.:D

each level is 3ft by 2ft

slowpoke

5 Year Member
colorado springs, colorado
what kind of light are you using on the lower level , maybe its too hot or too humid for him to want to go down there ... but i would just keep the old and just work it out figure out his likes and dislikes , it took my two a while to go to there second level now they go up and down it and under it hang out under the ramp and so on ...

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
Kolorbl1nd said:
so tanker is in a two level enclosure that me and my dad made and he doesnt like going down to the bottom...ive tried everything.
so i have a dresser that is aprox. 6ft long x 3-4ft wide i was thinking of taking the draws out and using that.

Where get you get the the lever enclosure? I mean I understand that you'd make it but where did you get the enclsoure it's self.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY
Lilithlee said:
I forgat how do you light the second half.

my old light broke, so im actually trying to figure out a new lamp. i dihave a clamp light.

Status
Not open for further replies.