Keeping a Hermann's tortoise next to a drum kit?

Ben Worrall

Location (City and/or State)
yorkshire
Hello everyone, I'm new to tortoise forum and i was wondering whether it would be okay to keep my 5 year old male hermann next to my drum kit. I'm not playing all the time, less than 15 minutes a day and the odd hour lesson. thank you for reading and helping, i will post any further details if required :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

Well, they are quite sensitive to vibrations. All I can say is try it and see if it seems to bother him

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi @Ben Worrall and welcome to the forum.

Torts, cannot hear, as far as I know. However they feel vibrations as @Yvonne G put it. At the same time I'd like to point out that there's been conflicting opinions as far as this issue is concerned: Some researchers think that torts do hear.

Any pics of your tort and his enclosure?

Eduardo Hernandez

Orange County, California
I bought a new TV last weekend, as well as a new home theater setup. The subwoofers are amazing, but they produce a lot of vibrations. For the first 2-3 days my Russian was definitely more active, and stayed up late. Whether it was from the subwoofer's vibrations or not I'm not sure, but it never hurts to try. He's back to his normal self now haha.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I had a hybrid drum/tortoise room several years back. Tortoises were all over the small room and the worst thing that ever happened was a I woke one or two from a nap from time to time. They would often sleep through it though or would behave normally. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Welcome!