Keeping your enclosure humid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirDarwinTheConqueror

5 Year Member
Hello, I have a one and a half month old Sulcata and know he needs humidity levels around 80%, what is the best way to keep it humid? We are just spraying warm water on his coco coir under his heat light and covering his tank, which seems to keep it pretty humid, but i was just wondering if there was a better way to keep it humid. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

He has a 30 gallon aquarium with coco coir substrate and its around 90-95 degrees F in his enclosure if that helps. Thanks! :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I pour a whole pitcherfull of water over the substrate then mix it up with my hand. After that, I cover the habitat. It doesn't look pretty, but I fold a couple of sheets of aluminum foil together to make one big sheet, and place it over the habitat, lights and all.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
Re: RE: Keeping your enclosure humid!

Yvonne G said:
I pour a whole pitcherfull of water over the substrate then mix it up with my hand. After that, I cover the habitat. It doesn't look pretty, but I fold a couple of sheets of aluminum foil together to make one big sheet, and place it over the habitat, lights and all.

Any pics anywhere? Just for reference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

oknursedana

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1378001413.785274.jpg

Here is Tiny's pad.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1378001500.239173.jpg

The top.

I mix the substrate a couple of times a week. Tiny was started dry and kept that way until I found this forum. He has slight pyramiding but his new growth is smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Beaver Falls, Pa
I use a repti fogger. It works wonders. It's on a timer to run just so many times a day to keep it properly up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.