Lamp hanging idea. Will this work?

Kori5

Hi :). I'm making some changes with my tortoise lighting system as I think his current clamp lamps aren't safe. So he has an uv tube for uvb light and two previously mentioned heat lamps. One is a spot lamp and the other one is a regular household bulb. I plan to build an light arm, just a L shape screwed into his enclousure. Picture is attached. And buy a farm refclector (20 cm wide). Will this be ok? Picture is attached :). Please tell me what you think.

Attachments

• $_1.JPG
    $_1.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 22318.jpg
    22318.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 50

Kori5

Here is his enclousure ( he is an adult Hermanni). It is 7ft 4ft. It's night time so lights are off and I'm in a process of buying some more plants. But as you can see, lights are the problem. His uv tube is great, but those heat lamps need an replacement :). I plan to buy the mentioned stuff and maybe a regular light tube just to lighten the other part of the enclousure.

Attachments

• 20160118_222615.jpg
    20160118_222615.jpg
    837.8 KB · Views: 53

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
Here is his enclousure ( he is an adult Hermanni). It is 7ft 4ft. It's night time so lights are off and I'm in a process of buying some more plants. But as you can see, lights are the problem. His uv tube is great, but those heat lamps need an replacement :). I plan to buy the mentioned stuff and maybe a regular light tube just to lighten the other part of the enclousure.

how are you keeping the temps up using a open table?

the hanger looks good just make sure it's sturdy

Kori5

Well his enclousure is in my small bedroom with a radiator, room temp is 23, 24 C. It is near a balcony so cool spot is about 22 C. Basking spot is 33 C and night temp drops to 20. Humidity is pretty good, 60-70%. I use coconut coir for a substrate which I moisten every few days. Plants in my room help, too :).