Lamp wire hanger wanted

kag1818

5 Year Member
Hi Everyone,

I am switching from clamping my lights on the side to hanging them overhead and I am missing one of the wire clips that come in the reptile lamp box upon purchase. Does anyone have one for sale? I don't think you can buy them. I am going to a reptile show in Hamburg, PA next week, but I am afraid I will have to but a whole new lamp - which I do not need. Just thought I would ask. Thank you everyone! - Kathleen

surfergirl

if you are not too concerned with looks and no one has one available. I took some electrical wire and fed it through the holes in the shade near the ceramic socket and bent it however I needed to get it hang properly. I have four like that hanging from light stands works real well.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I would use either 12 ga steel wire (like for a grid ceiling) to make something, or modify one of the kits used for hanging strip lights. This is one @ Home Depot; you could probably find something at a hardware store that was just the hangers without the jack chain.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alta Loma, CA
Try calling the company that made the lamp and see if you can purchase the clips. Most of my lamps are made by ZooMed and they have a great customer service department.

kag1818

5 Year Member
Great ideas everyone. Thank you so much... This is a great community! XOXOXOXO - Kathleen

kag1818

5 Year Member
I contacted zoo med. they sent the clips right away- free of charge! Super nice. Thanks again everyone.