Lawn Care

CEvans

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix
Are there any organic remedies for weed prevention for grass?
I just spend a lot of time hand weeding the yard but I I have a lot of Burr medic weeds in the lawn. I just saw that you can pour boiling water on them to kill them.
Put are there any organic weeks options out there.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 17

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Are there any organic remedies for weed prevention for grass?
I just spend a lot of time hand weeding the yard but I I have a lot of Burr medic weeds in the lawn. I just saw that you can pour boiling water on them to kill them.
Put are there any organic weeks options out there.
I've used real salt water but with boiling water and salt...might work better. Then I'll try to encourage dandelion, plantains,etc...salt won't kill everything else unless you use it constantly.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You can trust in Grandma’s recipe for weed killers..

http://www.garden-counselor-lawn-care.com/vinegar-weed-killer.html
Growing up with dish pans instead of doing dishes in your sink, I learned something about dishwater and dishsoap. If you toss it out your backdoor in the same place everyday, it kills everything. But I've seen good results on mixing a tiny squirt into a gallon and use it to mist your desirable plants. It protects them from insects. I like having my praying mantis around so I guess I'll have to be weeding. I might try the direct application of boiling water on one root at a time.