laying platynota

mairic

hello, my female has laid platynota, I seek information on incubation. With or without diapause diapause? thank you.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Congrats! ! ! ! !Best wishes for incubation ! ! ! !

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
30 day diapause @65. Then in incubator from 85 to 89 depending on what sex you want. To be on the safe side go 86 . It will be 50/50 on what sex you will get. Higher temps (89) will give u females but u could get babies with extra scutes. Mix vermiculite 1/1 by weight.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
30 day diapause @65. Then in incubator from 85 to 89 depending on what sex you want. To be on the safe side go 86 . It will be 50/50 on what sex you will get. Higher temps (89) will give u females but u could get babies with extra scutes. Mix vermiculite 1/1 by weight.
Can't beat the advise from the pro right there! :)

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Thanks Kelly!!! This year is looking like my best to date. Pretty happy. How r u doing? Hope all is well.

mairic

I've put 12 without diapause, they all had a calcification (opaque egg). 6 of the 12 have a red dot. Do you advise me to put them without red dot on diapause?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks Kelly!!! This year is looking like my best to date. Pretty happy. How r u doing? Hope all is well.
Doing fantastic, been extremely busy this year so far. That's great news about your success. I'd love to snatch quite a few up and release them in a program if your interested?

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Yes, if you don't see any development in any of the eggs after 2 to 3 weeks, then I would diapause them for 30 days. Best of luck.