leaving on a trip for 2 days -- will my buddy be okay?

byviolet

I'm leaving on the morning on the 29th and coming back on the 31st at noon (but lets say 31st at night just be be safe). so I can feed him on the 29th and refill his water and stuff, but he'll be spending all day on the 30th alone with no food, and possibly until at night on the 31st but i will feed him asap when i get back. Is that okay? Should I like leave extra food in his food dish (it spoils quickly since it's so humid and hot inside the tank)?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
What kind of temperatures would the enclosure be? How would it be controlled?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is there any body that could look in on him? If not, then what kind of food are you feeding? I have left my leopard, when I had just the one and he was very little for a couple days with no one to watch him. I filled his water full and left extra food. Lights on a timer. I had two enclosures connected to each other. One was very humid and the other semi. He could choose which one to be in. I would put his food in the less humid one. Can you maybe attach a small enclosure, that would be only for him to go into to eat?

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
I think you'll be fine we're just talking and feeding him just before you leave, lights on a timer, and leaving extra food in his enclosure. It won't go so bad that he can't eat it if he's hungry. plus there's certain foods that you can put in there that don't go bad fast like Mazuri and cactus...

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
He will be fine. I leave whole fruits and cactus pads for mine if I ever leave for 3-4 days and no one is available to feed them. If I leave for any longer than 3-4 days, I find someone to feed them whole I'm away.

byviolet

ok thanks guys :) and yeah I have the lights on a timer and the heat on a thermostat :)