Leftovers ?!

Joma

Location (City and/or State)
Taos, NM
What do y’all do with em? He needs variety - no? Since I got this tiny 12oz tort, my three dogs have been having “kibble and salad” for dinner. Leftover dandelion, escarole, bok choy, collards ... .

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
You have to start eating them yourself! For sure the tiny tortoises don’t go through that much at once.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Firstly variety is variety over time not in one day or one meal.

If you have to buy greens, buy one thing and when it’s used up then buy something else.

And the rest you eat. I can always rustle up a salad for a meal or a side :D

These greens are good for you as well as your tort ;)

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
I share with my torts, it cuts down on waste. Every weekend (in the winter, they eat weeds outside in the summer) I buy a bunch of different mixed greens and make daily salads for them and myself. Having the torts has kept me eating healthier, I certainly get a fair share of greens. :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
A good tip for making salad and leaves etc last is that when it is looking a bit limp, put it into very cold water - it will soon revive and last another day.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What do y’all do with em? He needs variety - no? Since I got this tiny 12oz tort, my three dogs have been having “kibble and salad” for dinner. Leftover dandelion, escarole, bok choy, collards ... .
Well the answer to this one is simple: Have yourself a whole herd of tortoises, and there won't EVER be any leftovers. :D