Leopard Gecko names!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
How old/big is it? I'm asking because if we can sex it it would make naming easier.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
That's ok. If it is a small hatchling I can't sex it. But if it is a juvenile close to 5 inches I probably can. How big?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
If you watch him or her the name will come to you. It may take awhile.

joshtaylor123

5 Year Member
lisa127 said:
That's ok. If it is a small hatchling I can't sex it. But if it is a juvenile close to 5 inches I probably can. How big?

image-1792032193.png

This is a picture of him/her.. It is still pretty timid around me right now, so I don't wanna pick it up and stress it out..

image-3794927237.png

And here is a picture of the whole set up.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
They still didn't show up. I use photobucket for my pics. Beyond that, I'm not good enough with computers to help you post them.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
If you do figure out how to post pics, try to post a good view from the side of the lizard since you don't want to pick him/her up. If I can get a good view from the side near the vent area it would help.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
My 10 or so year old blizzard leopard gecko is nicknamed Grumpy. If you can manage to post pictures :p it would be easier to make suggestions.

joshtaylor123

5 Year Member
lisa127 said:
If you do figure out how to post pics, try to post a good view from the side of the lizard since you don't want to pick him/her up. If I can get a good view from the side near the vent area it would help.

This is soo weird. I don't use a computer. I'm using the app on my phone. But they always post in my othe threads
... Weird... I'll try again later

joshtaylor123

5 Year Member
lisa127 said:
How old/big is it? I'm asking because if we can sex it it would make naming easier.

Here i think these will work...

photo.JPG
photo (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I cannot sex him/her with that picture. I need a pic of the vent area. Even if it is just a close up side view that might be good enough. Honestly, sand is a big no no. I'd get rid of that. Newspaper, slate tiles, or even that shelf liner that is non stick would all work. And the shelf liner comes in beiges and browns so it can look a little more natural. Do you have a humid hide? And also a tiny dish of calcium for him/her to lap up at will.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
It looks like it's still to young to sex accurately. Normally once the true colors start to show you can tell for sure, even then you get some that are tricky. You want to be careful with sand, arguably my old girl lived at least 10 years on it just fine, she just got a reptile carpet a month ago. I have never kept bowls of calcium with her or any of my other lizards, however it's a good idea that you keep it with yours while he's growing and developing. You should always provide a proper varied diet with regular dustings of calcium and multivitamin even with a bowl of calcium. It's an awesome tank, good luck :)

Neltharion

10 Year Member!
Northern California
lisa127 said:
Honestly, sand is a big no no. I'd get rid of that. Newspaper, slate tiles, or even that shelf liner that is non stick would all work.

I agree with Lisa. Especially if you bought that Calci-sand, that's actually the worst. It clumps when it gets wet. I line my gecko enclosures with plain paper towels and replace them weekly. Not the most aesthetically pleasing, but affordable and safe.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Yes, please get rid of the sand as I said before. And Bow is right in one thing he said, he is most likely too young to sex yet. You see how he still has bands and has not started getting his spots? That means he's very young. It won't be long though, until I can sex him. I used to breed leo's and usually by the time they have some spots and are about 5 inches I could sex them.

joshtaylor123

5 Year Member
I got rid of the sand today and got a reptile carpet. I do have a humid hide and a calcium bowl. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.