Leopard Tortoise Growth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I was taking a stroll down memory lane tonight. Looking at my leopard's "baby" pictures ;)

I found this picture of him from his first day home with us (less than a month old)
2cwod90.jpg

It's so cute and tiny compared to this one taken not too soon before his 1st birthday!
zyahjr.jpg

I have leopard baby fever....

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It's amazing watching leopard tortoises grow up. Every time they go through a growth spurt they end up looking like a completely different tortoise.

You have done a great job with him!

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Well his shell says it all! Your husbandry skills are certainly upto scratch! :) I'm amazed at the size difference :)

1 Eastern Hermanns Tortoise 2.5yo

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Neal said:
It's amazing watching leopard tortoises grow up. Every time they go through a growth spurt they end up looking like a completely different tortoise.

I agree!

Neal said:
You have done a great job with him!

And thank you :)

ScottishFish said:
Well his shell says it all! Your husbandry skills are certainly upto scratch! :) I'm amazed at the size difference :)

1 Eastern Hermanns Tortoise 2.5yo

Hot and Humid!! :)

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
He is looking great Heather. His colors are outstanding.

I always think it is nice to be able to see what the babies look like and what they will look like as they grow. The last babies I got I selected based on the looks of their mother/father. Otherwise, especially with a leopard, they can have such a different look as a grown up tortoise. Keep on posting updates.. I think your is going to be a real beauty.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
DesertGrandma said:
He is looking great Heather. His colors are outstanding.

I always think it is nice to be able to see what the babies look like and what they will look like as they grow. The last babies I got I selected based on the looks of their mother/father. Otherwise, especially with a leopard, they can have such a different look as a grown up tortoise. Keep on posting updates.. I think your is going to be a real beauty.

Thank you! I am very pleased with how his coloring is turning out to be. But then again, with a leopard he still has some changing to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.