Leopard Tortoise Outdoor Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Levi is currently 6months old. This is his outside garden. It is 20ft x 6ft or 120sq ft. He absolutely loves it and I love to sit and just watch him in it. I planted grass, clover, dandelion and plantain all from seed and then added a few cultivated plants like Gazania, Portulaca, different succlents, daisy and some petunias. He has 3 hides to choose from but his favorite is a buried flower pot. Water dish, cuttlebone, rocks randomly placed throughout..it really is his tortoise paradise. He spends a good chunk of the day time out here but spends the rest of his time, cold days and night time inside in a hot, humid environment following the details listed in the End of Pyramiding Thread II. I loved getting ideas for my enclosure off this forum and I hope this helps anyone else trying to create the perfect place for their tort!
434 109.JPG
444 024.JPG
444 001.JPG
IMG00610-20120911-1455.jpg
444 011.JPG
444 035.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Heather your enclosure looks great. So many nice plants growing in it.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I really like this enclosure, but do you have any predators like cats, birds, dogs, etc.? If so I would recommend some type of security measures to prevent something happening to the lil guy.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Thank you Elliott,
Creating a top has crossed my mind a few times, but for now I have decided against it. We have no other pets (inside fish tanks dont count ;) ) this is in a particular area of our yard hidden from the front, its fenced in and on the other side of the block wall is a VERY busy street possible stray cats would be less likely to cross. He isn't out at night or when I'm not at home. I am a stay at mom with 2 young rowdy boys and we spend LOTS of time outside. Given our current routine of things and weighing the pro/cons currently I am ok with no top.

However, I am open to a security top or screen should certain circumstances change or should I feel there becomes a threat or even if one day hubby and I just decide to build one..etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.