Leopard Tortoise Pee-Pee

ToritheTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
South New Jersey
Hi All,
Could you please tell me if my Tori is scared or comfortable? When I hold her on my lap she pee-pees, and sometimes poops. See seem like she likes to be held and petted. Her pee has no odor and is clear.
Thanks for all your help.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi All,
Could you please tell me if my Tori is scared or comfortable? When I hold her on my lap she pee-pees, and sometimes poops. See seem like she likes to be held and petted. Her pee has no odor and is clear.
Thanks for all your help.
I think I read somewhere that they do that when they are stressed, and as a defence mechanism, but I could be totally wrong on that, I'm sure someone with more experience of tort behaviour will give you a better answer soon.

W Shaw

Mine doesn't do it when he's mildly stressed, like when I pick him up for his bath, but he does when he has to ride in a car.

ToritheTortoise

South New Jersey
Thanks so much to all, I really thought she was so relaxed sitting with me. I know when see went to the Vet she pooped many times.(she did not like him at all).

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
My little one is a pee monster who let's loose to voice her opinion. My big guy pooped on my lap on his ride home from his old owners and that was it.