Let's play a game..

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Very cute. You won’t be doing that in a couple of years due to size :D

Try not to take your tort out of its enclosure too much. It’s happiest and healthiest in its home with all 4 feet on the ground. Stressed tortoises get sick.

Out of the enclosure it is away from the UVB, heat and humidity it needs to be healthy.

It is also at risk or being dropped, stepped on or escape ... you only have to be distracted for a moment and we see examples too often on TFO.

The other risk is accidentally or deliberately eating something it shouldn’t. Dust bunnies and hair are a particular problem as they cause gut blockages... another thing we see too often on TFO.

DrSpurred

Lambertville, NJ USA
I typically do leave him in his enclosure during the day and only take him out to feed him or to take him out to blow off some steam and let him run around.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I typically do leave him in his enclosure during the day and only take him out to feed him or to take him out to blow off some steam and let him run around.
His enclosure should be big enough for him to let off steam. He should not be doing so outside his enclosure. It's not safe to let him run around outside for the reasons I gave earlier.

Outside he runs the risk of getting sick, injured or lost.

DrSpurred

Lambertville, NJ USA
He is never outside, I live in New Jersey USA and its the dead of winter currently. When he is out of his enclosure he never leaves my eyesight, and he is enclosed in a baby pen which I am always watching.

He is never outside, I live in New Jersey USA and its the dead of winter currently. When he is out of his enclosure he never leaves my eyesight, and he is enclosed in a baby pen which I am always watching.

It ain’t that Cold bro, we did have that cold front last week tho, man jerseys bi polar or something (no offense to bi polar people)