Let's see some sulcatas

junglejill

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Yes with the corners reinforced on the outside

View attachment 140741

it's upside down in this pic but you can see that the short end boards extend out past the side boards. after the liner was complete I screwed another 2x4 to the outside of the long sides. You don't need to do the whole length of the long side, a short piece in each corner will strengthen it just the same. Doing it this way the corners will stay square when lifting one side to dump the dirty water.
Awesome!! Thank you for sharing!!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
This is Sylvia sylvia73015.jpg I have no idea how old Sylvia is. I refer to her as a her not knowing what sex she is, After watching her with the other 4 sulcatas I am leaning towards male though. Whatever she is, she and the others get along fine.She has been here for 3 years living alone until this summer. Here is a pic of her with Walker earlier today.sylviaandwalker.jpgShe is 19 inches now, was 17 when I got her. Walker had something on his foot that she kept biting at, Walker didn't pay any attention to her.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Sure, as soon as I get a chance I'll try to measure him. I have no way of weighing him though.
Measure him lengthwise...width...and height of carapace while resting...and I'll give you a fair guesstimate as to weight! But I also need a full length photo and a bird's eye view, as well! ;)

Tom took a photo of one of Bob Blome's beasts and from wht Bob tells me..I seem to have hit the 'guess' nail right on the haed!

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Measure him lengthwise...width...and height of carapace while resting...and I'll give you a fair guesstimate as to weight! But I also need a full length photo and a bird's eye view, as well! ;)

Tom took a photo of one of Bob Blome's beasts and from wht Bob tells me..I seem to have hit the 'guess' nail right on the haed!
That would be great. He is 24 inches long measured straight from edge to edge without going around the bend. (There is no way I'm getting a tape measure under him!) He is 31 1/2 inches measuring around the bend. He is 16 inches wide straight across the top, and 11 inches tall.charlie 8 1 2015.jpg charlie 8 1 2015c.jpg

Alexandervo

hello:) I'm a relatively new sulcata owner and have never had one that small. I just wanted to let you know that my understanding is that new growth comes in as white rings. -That's what I would assume you are seeing. Also occasionally tortoises seem to get hardwater stains (mine has) as well as even fungal infections (but this is even more rare, particularly with sulcatas and yours doesn't look like that to me). Get a second opinion from a more experienced keeper, but I really don't think you have anything to worry about. You have a growing little cutie:D
Thank you very much :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
That would be great. He is 24 inches long measured straight from edge to edge without going around the bend. (There is no way I'm getting a tape measure under him!) He is 31 1/2 inches measuring around the bend. He is 16 inches wide straight across the top, and 11 inches tall.View attachment 141695 View attachment 141696
I'd ballpark him right at 75 pounds...give or take! Probably give ;) Handsome dude you got there! Any idea on age?

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
Here is Su, who just fell asleep on her plate after almost finishing a foot high pile of food on a five gallon bucket lid. She seemed concerned that someone might take it away.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438621005.218184.jpg