Light fitting for uvb

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
That is a good fixture that would work well. Seems very expensive though. Can you find the Arcadia Pro T5 fixture? Should be readily azailalbe there as they are made in Europe. I use them now and install them in the enclosures I build as I find they are the best I've seen available. They were hard to get in the US

Kaylin99

London

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Yes, that is exactly the one.

12% is what I prefer. This issue is how high you can mount it. With the 12% it normally works best about 20" above tortoise level. That give a nice, wide basking zone of the correct UV level. You don't want it mounted lower than that. If your setup does not alllow 20", then you need to go with a 6% bulb, but the 12% mounted correctly is a much better option.

Kaylin99

London
I am going to get a frame around the enclousure built to mount all the lights too as they are a bit makeshift at the moment.

Thanks for your help, saved me loads of money :)
Yes, that is exactly the one.

12% is what I prefer. This issue is how high you can mount it. With the 12% it normally works best about 20" above tortoise level. That give a nice, wide basking zone of the correct UV level. You don't want it mounted lower than that. If your setup does not alllow 20", then you need to go with a 6% bulb, but the 12% mounted correctly is a much better option.