Liner for Tortoise Table

ssanem

5 Year Member
I'm building a 4'x8' indoor enclosure for my redfoot torts. I've water sealed the wood with Thompsons (will cure for at least a week) but need a solution for a removeable liner. When it's time to change the mulch, I'd like to be able to take out the hides, etc, and just lift out (with help) a liner or tray(s), carry outside and add to my garden. Any easy solutions anyone?

Careym13

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Virginia
In my last indoor enclosure, I lined it with plastic sheeting from Walmart that they carry in the craft section. It comes in pre-cut sizes or you can have it cut off the roll for the size you need. I'm using a shower curtain liner in the new enclosure I'm putting together. This way I can just pull all the dirt out, dump it and then hose off the liner and re-use it.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Shower pan liner, it is 40 mil thick. The roll is 5 ft wide and is sold by the linear foot at lowes, home depot, and plumbing supply warehouse's,maybe other hardware stores. If you need some wider than what the roll is they have a glue made just for gluing pieces together. It is very durable and will last for a long time.