Table Liner Ideas?

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So I'm in the process of making my new red foot tortoise table.
Up until recently, I was completely satisfied with my hatchling red foot set up... I was using the kiddie pool idea as a basic base for my round table. It was kind of like my tortoise coffee table.20161119_124020.jpg

Artemis seemed happy, and conditions were super easy to maintain....Then all of a sudden, I needed more space to spoil Artemis! So far I have gotten all the sphagnum moss, and cypress mulch ready, while I hunt down my book shelf. I'm currently waiting for responses on several of the things, so hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Ok! I'll get to my point!
What are some suggestions on lining your tortoise table? Or how to install the liner, even?
Would waterproof paint be better?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
So I'm in the process of making my new red foot tortoise table.
Up until recently, I was completely satisfied with my hatchling red foot set up... I was using the kiddie pool idea as a basic base for my round table. It was kind of like my tortoise coffee table.View attachment 192599

Artemis seemed happy, and conditions were super easy to maintain....Then all of a sudden, I needed more space to spoil Artemis! So far I have gotten all the sphagnum moss, and cypress mulch ready, while I hunt down my book shelf. I'm currently waiting for responses on several of the things, so hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Ok! I'll get to my point!
What are some suggestions on lining your tortoise table? Or how to install the liner, even?
Would waterproof paint be better?
I've used chlorinated paint(pond and swimming pool paint). It's expensive but excellent stuff. Use a mask if you decide to use it, pink elephants past through the first time I used it. :p

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Many people seem to just use a shower curtain, pond liner or similar.
Any thick waterproof sheet would do it, i guess.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I just used a piece of pond liner. Large, very tough and water-tight without effort or breaking the bank

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
How do you put that pond liner in there without putting holes in the material?
Any pics?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I just cut a large piece of it to fit and draped it in the enclosure so it went up the sides. There's no need for holes.

I did it for hospital quarters - no substrate, just newspaper - but you just line the enclosure and then put substrate in.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Would putting some trim along the walls hold it in place? Not just straight trim, but the kind that you put along a corner...

Meganolvt

Michigan
I have a large open tort table. I bought a roll of linoleum from Menards for $20 and screwed it in, 1/2 way up the walls in one piece. I can pour water anywhere and never have to worry about a leak.