Excavator-proof liner?

Rusky

Location (City and/or State)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
So my Russian likes to dig... a LOT! When I first built this table, I lined it with garbage bags, but now this is the second time that his claws have shredded it up. Does anyone have some good ideas for an excavator-proof waterproof tortoise enclosure liner?

baldegale

So my Russian likes to dig... a LOT! When I first built this table, I lined it with garbage bags, but now this is the second time that his claws have shredded it up. Does anyone have some good ideas for an excavator-proof waterproof tortoise enclosure liner?

you can go to a joann fabrics and get some thick vinyl. i personally use this stuff, its used for waterproofing windows. IMG_7801.JPG

SULCY

NEW YORK
I used a liner for my new enclosure it was a heavy duty plastic I received from a friend and it is used for asbestos removal and very thick. The problem is my sulcata has already shredded it and I am going to have to remove it. I am thinking maybe a tyvec type may be better. It looks like what you are looking at may be made of that.

Rusky

Allentown, Pennsylvania

Rusky

Allentown, Pennsylvania
I used a liner for my new enclosure it was a heavy duty plastic I received from a friend and it is used for asbestos removal and very thick. The problem is my sulcata has already shredded it and I am going to have to remove it. I am thinking maybe a tyvec type may be better. It looks like what you are looking at may be made of that.
How big is your sulcata? I'm hoping to get my russian housed outside soon, so then I won't need a liner.

baldegale

it is a very very VERY sticky tape! but i havent had any issues with it coming up or anything of the like. i use it on all of my enclosures, even the waterproofed ones. if you do use it, i recommend using a knife/a pair of scissors that you dont like too much as it gunks up knives and such. but you can use cooking oil to take it right off! also, your hands will be a bit tacky and you can use isopropyl to take it off your hands.

Rusky

Allentown, Pennsylvania
it is a very very VERY sticky tape! but i havent had any issues with it coming up or anything of the like. i use it on all of my enclosures, even the waterproofed ones. if you do use it, i recommend using a knife/a pair of scissors that you dont like too much as it gunks up knives and such. but you can use cooking oil to take it right off! also, your hands will be a bit tacky and you can use isopropyl to take it off your hands.
Thanks, I may use that in the future

baldegale

I'm looking up conversions, but they actually all seem to be different, depending on the material. I'm not even sure what material this would be under, because it is vinyl with flannel on the bottom.

i dont know tbh, thats why i recommended joann fabrics because you can feel the toughness of the vinyl. i think walmart has like cabinet liner that is also just normal vinyl thats branded differently

Rusky

Allentown, Pennsylvania
i dont know tbh, thats why i recommended joann fabrics because you can feel the toughness of the vinyl. i think walmart has like cabinet liner that is also just normal vinyl thats branded differently
Yeah I probably should see it in person really. I've never heard of joann fabrics so I'll probably just go to walmart or a hardware store.

baldegale

Yeah I probably should see it in person really. I've never heard of joann fabrics so I'll probably just go to walmart or a hardware store.

its probably a north eastern thing, just look up fabric stores near you and thatll probably be your best bet anyways