Hanging Plant Ideas for a Red Foot?

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So I killed all 4 of my hanging plants that were in my tortoise room... I never was much of a gardener, so I wasn't surprised. But I got sick and was totally incapacitated for a while and almost had to sell my 3 red foot tortoises. It totally sucked! But I'm cannot remember at all what some nice hanging plants I should order that would be safe to get for a red foot tortoises table. Any suggestions or links... Yes Artemis needs a present.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
pothos and spider plants. Pothos needs watered after the soil gets dry and spiders prefer daily misting

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
So I killed all 4 of my hanging plants that were in my tortoise room... I never was much of a gardener, so I wasn't surprised. But I got sick and was totally incapacitated for a while and almost had to sell my 3 red foot tortoises. It totally sucked! But I'm cannot remember at all what some nice hanging plants I should order that would be safe to get for a red foot tortoises table. Any suggestions or links... Yes Artemis needs a present.
I just got a hanging golden pothos fron lowes for $15 pretty good price for how big it was.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just got a hanging golden pothos fron lowes for $15 pretty good price for how big it was.
Remove it from the pot. Remove the soil. Wash the roots and then re pot it in fresh pure potting soil.
The soil in the original pot probably has perlite and insecticides.

Moonflower

Illinois
Aren’t pothos plants poisonous though? I know they are for humans, cats, and dogs. I haven’t seen any specific warnings against them with tortoises though so someone else please correct me if I’m wrong 😅

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Aren’t pothos plants poisonous though? I know they are for humans, cats, and dogs. I haven’t seen any specific warnings against them with tortoises though so someone else please correct me if I’m wrong 😅
Pothos are not poisonous to reptiles. Mammals are very different from reptiles. But yes they are poisonous to mammals.