Lines on shell

MareBear44

Location (City and/or State)
Germantown, MD
Hey there all. I have this cute little 2 and half month old Greek Iberia, Atlas. He was recently dewormed as a precaution because his clutch mate died suddenly. He has an awesome 3x5 foot enclosure with cypress mulch. It is kept at 55% humidity and 90-95 degrees on the warm side. He has a large uvb light by the heat side. He has access to water and food(dandelion, kale, lettuce) all day. Today, I noticed he has some red/purple lines on his shell. He recently(2 weeks ago) saw the vet and was given a clean bill of health. Please, help me. I am super concerned and want to make sure I am doing right by my shell baby.

Attachments

• atlas lines.jpg
    atlas lines.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
That's usually not a good sign, does his plastron feel soft?

Melis

Maryland
Being able to see red can be a sign of sepsis. Is he active? Was he checked for parasites before the deworming?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Is he eating? Acting lethargic? I hate to say it but I've seen quite a few posts with those reddish purplish marks and it doesn't usually end well.

MareBear44

Germantown, MD
He is eating, acting normal, and he was checked for parasites. Nothing seems wrong. Just these weird lines

SPILL

Illinois
Have you notices any other symptoms? Does he have any difficulties breathing? Does he seem lethargic or have trouble moving? Have you seen anything that can be described as convulsions or seizures?

Edit: Sorry, your latest reply wasn't showing when I responded.

MareBear44

Germantown, MD
Hello all. I just wanted to update you all on Atlas. First of all, thank you for all of your help. I went and got him a brand new MVB. He seems to be doing better. The lines on his shell are fading and he is even more active than he was before. I am wondering if I had a faulty bulb and no way to check it. :( I have been soaking him am and pm in water with mashed carrot. I thought I would let you know. Thank you so much for all of your help!