Lining a vivarium

Dc92

Location (City and/or State)
Norfolk
Hi all,

I have bought torty a vivarium, I am just awaiting the lighting and equipment to be delivered to set it up.

I am conscious this is wood (vivexotic vivarium) and my dad mentioned perhaps lining the bottom to stop moisture from the bedding blowing the wood. Anyone got any ideas? I used to line her old tortoise table with just normal plastic bags but spotted her attacking these the other day so stopped. How about sticky back plastic and doing the sides low enough she won’t see it?

TYIA!

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hi all,

I have bought torty a vivarium, I am just awaiting the lighting and equipment to be delivered to set it up.

I am conscious this is wood (vivexotic vivarium) and my dad mentioned perhaps lining the bottom to stop moisture from the bedding blowing the wood. Anyone got any ideas? I used to line her old tortoise table with just normal plastic bags but spotted her attacking these the other day so stopped. How about sticky back plastic and doing the sides low enough she won’t see it?

TYIA!
Hi, I made my boas bioactive vivarium water proof by using a big sheet of pond liner on the base of the viv and overlapping on the sides. I stuck it all down by using aquarium safe silicone. You can buy pond liner online or at a garden centre:)