Little Bit

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Some of you know I am fostering 3 Russian tortoises for the son of a friend. This is a male who was supposed to be the mate of the female...but she's a bully. I am told that the female and this male were the same age and size when put together a number of years ago. This is them now...
100_0591.JPG
He is 3 inches SCL, she is 10 inches. Her name is Monstrosa...she is a serious bully...but this thread is not about her, it's about him.
This is his pen. He's in it alone...
100_0616.JPG
He's been digging in the upper right corner, I just let him be...however...in the evening I was gathering everybody up to bring in for the night and when I grabbed him I expected him to simply be picked up, but NO! He may be small but I had noticed before how strong he is...and he was holding on hard! He just didn't feel right, but I didn't know how...so I pulled and he held on, I pulled harder and whoops! Holy sh*t!!! Look at this!!!
100_0614.JPG
100_0612.JPG100_0611.JPG
He dug into a mole tunnel and in a few more minutes he was gonna drop into a cavern and serious trouble! Never in the years I have lived here with turtles and tortoises has any animal given me this experience...why me????????????

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wow and you would have thought he climbed up and out. I think he might be worse than Houdini.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Some of you know I am fostering 3 Russian tortoises for the son of a friend. This is a male who was supposed to be the mate of the female...but she's a bully. I am told that the female and this male were the same age and size when put together a number of years ago. This is them now...
View attachment 332761
He is 3 inches SCL, she is 10 inches. Her name is Monstrosa...she is a serious bully...but this thread is not about her, it's about him.
This is his pen. He's in it alone...
View attachment 332762
He's been digging in the upper right corner, I just let him be...however...in the evening I was gathering everybody up to bring in for the night and when I grabbed him I expected him to simply be picked up, but NO! He may be small but I had noticed before how strong he is...and he was holding on hard! He just didn't feel right, but I didn't know how...so I pulled and he held on, I pulled harder and whoops! Holy sh*t!!! Look at this!!!
View attachment 332763
View attachment 332764View attachment 332765
He dug into a mole tunnel and in a few more minutes he was gonna drop into a cavern and serious trouble! Never in the years I have lived here with turtles and tortoises has any animal given me this experience...why me????????????
And let the show begin!