Little Sulcata Issues...Help Needed

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Thank you, Norma.b. This was the first and only time in my life that I had the opportunity to actually hold and care for one of these sulcata tortoises, albeit such a tiny one. I appreciated the experience, sad though it turned out.
Very few people here own a sulcata, they are not available generally, like just about all other exotic reptiles we in Jamaica can only read about and watch on a screen and drool.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
it can be passed from the mother when the egg is laid, from soil, water, food, ANYTHING AT ALL that has come into contact with aw itself. to know for sure this animal would have to go to a lab for necropsy. im not sure if there are any labs where you are who test for it as its a very specific test and aw is very hard to detect even with pcr testing. im sorry to hear they passed. IF it was aw though as much as i hate to say and how cruel some thing it is to say they are better to have passed peacefully then later on once aw takes over the whole insides and starts affecting EVERYTHING inside. i do hesitate to say it was aw still though.